- My wife, Cara.
- A home to take shelter in.
- A fridge that has food in it.
- A closet that has clothes in it.
- Sunscreen (I’m bald. It’s a must)
- 30 great years of hair before it walked out on me.
- Friends that laugh at my jokes even if they aren’t funny.
- Parents that love me from the moment I first pooped my trousers and always will.
- Belts, Hats, and Watches because they keep everyone covered and on time.
- Showers that let my singing career exist.
- Porches that help me practice getting older on.
- Puzzles because they frustrate at the start, but always elate once solved.
- Toilet paper and the people who understand “OVER THE TOP”.
- Coffee because. Just because.
- Tommy Boy. Does this really need an explanation?
- Soccer because it gave a young boy confidence to pursue his dream.
- The OBX reminding me that heaven and earth can collide.
- The questions my kids ask me, showing me what faith like a child sounds like.
- My kid’s sense of humor reminding me not to take life so seriously.
- My wife’s, well…everything. She’s hot, a genius, and knows me inside-out.
- Naps because no one is too old for them, and we all need them.
- Roberts Wesleyan College for giving a young man a second chance.
- In-laws that have always accepted me, and made me feel like family.
- Grandparents that have covered me in prayer, and challenged me to go for it.
- Netflix because sometimes you just need to shut your head off & binge watch.
- Friends that laugh with you for fun, and at you when you aren’t so smart.
- Prayers that have covered me when I’ve needed it the most.
- Everyone that has ever doubted me, because it has fueled me.
- Tacos, because I am professional in my ability to eat tons of them in one sitting.
- My brothers and their unconditional love for me, making me a better person.
- The people I’ve never met that have prayed, cheered, & stood in the gap for me.
- My college soccer coach that took a chance on me as a walk-on, so I could prove I could be counted on…on the field, in the classroom, and in the community.
- My dog, Philly.
- My Bible.
- My Country.
- Every single person that has served, and sacrificed for our nation. I wouldn’t be celebrating a 40th anything without your heart, and giving everything.
I’m 100% sure there is more…these are just the first ones that popped into my head.
The first 40 years have been an adventure.
Looking forward to sharing stories from the next 40 as we go.